The Mission of the Lassen Land & Trails Trust is to conserve significant natural areas & agricultural landscapes, and to promote and enhance a public trail system throughout Lassen County.
To bring together public agencies, commercial businesses, agricultural operations, and recreational groups in our community to create and sustain a countywide commitment to:
- Maintaining continuity in the preservation and promotion of Susanville’s unique historic Susanville Railroad Depot and rail history as it transitions to operating as a separate, self sustaining program.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of trails throughout Lassen County linking population centers with public lands and scenic/historic resources, providing residents and visitors with access to the natural beauty of our area for recreation and personal renewal
- Developing a comprehensive conservation plan for Lassen County that identifies priority conservation areas and specifies the activities that should be conducted to achieve the plan’s goals.
- Expanding our base of engaged and generous members and donors contributing to our mission.
- Responsible stewardship of our significant agricultural and natural areas.
- Strong leadership in establishing a community-wide conservation ethic and promoting the economic, historical, cultural and recreational benefits of conservation.
- Committed service as a conservation resource for landowners.
- Respect for the rights and diverse needs of landowners.